Tuesday 24 March 2015 (10 am to 12 noon)
U. Ottawa, Social Science Bldg (120 University Priv), Room 4007
Panel Discussion moderated by Adrian Harewood (@)
- Faris Ahmed (Director of Policy, USC Canada)
- Samuel Bonti-Ankomah (Carleton Univ.)
- Annie Brunton (MA Student, SIDGS, uOttawa)
- Roy Culpeper (Chair, CELADA)
- Joshua Ramisch (uOttawa)
- Blair Rutherford (Carleton Univ.)
Organized by :
- CELADA (Coalition for Equitable Land Acquisitions in Africa ) – celada.ca
- SIDGS (School of International Development & Global Studies, uOttawa) – website here.
I will post links to the panel materials after the event. In the meantime, if you are concerned with the rise of inequitable acquisitions of land in Africa and how they are displacing farmers and pastoralists, visit the CELADA resource page for possible actions.
One strategy is by emailing your MP. Persuade them to support CELADA’s aims by explaining why you believe Canada should take a leading role in challenging inequitable land acquisitions in Africa.